Thursday, September 25, 2008

Storytime 2

On my way to work today, as I was trying to get the last sleep-crumbs out of my eyes (gross, I know, but true), I coincidentally encountered AML, a music grad student from college...FOR THE FIFTH TIME. That's right; AML and I have now run into each other on the streets of vast new york city Five. Times.

This would be weird on its own, but I also happened to have harbored a serious crush on AML during my four years of college. And moving to new york, leaving him to finish his...wait for it...PH D was a final goodbye in my mind. The end of an era. So what, I thought, if nothing more came of us than a few short conversations about bands I pretended to have heard of. I was moving on to the big apple. New adventures and new big bald men.

So five encounters later, I'm like:

WTF is god trying to tell me? Is he hell-bent on proving to me just how shy I am?

Is AML secretly stalking me?

Am I unconsciously secretly stalking AML?? (Wouldn't that be weird? I wonder if such a condition exists in real life.)

And also I'm kind of bummed because it used to be really exciting when I would run into him. It was the ultimate "small-world" moment. But now it's as cool as running into one of my roommates in the bathroom.

Also, I had my palm read this summer (this was after 2 street encounters with AML), and she was like "you have already passed your life-long companion twice. Maybe you crossed on the street? Well, he will come into your life a third time, and if you don't act, you will never see him again." You can imagine how convinced I was that the life-long companion she spoke of was the guitar-playing grad-student who would wander the campus barefoot in a flowing orange tunic. And you can also imagined how distraught I was when during our 3rd encounter I didn't act. Maybe I cried after.

And you can imagine that I was little perplexed when I saw him a fourth time. And then again.

To be fair, that psychic also tried to get me to pay $700 for a treatment that involved sleeping in a white nightgown. Apparently it was imperative to my spiritual wellbeing. There's a lot of darkness around my aura, so...

No comments: