Monday, September 15, 2008

And Now You Know

Patients,

What you heard was indeed a gun shot emanating from the eastern corner of 17th street.

As first responder to the scene, I will provide you with a first-hand account of the effort I made to save their lives.  

"I broke down the door and entered the room.  Brave, I was, like warrior.  An elderly female was staggering toward the bathroom; a younger male was lying on the floor.  Both were dunzo*, I knew it.  But I stabilized* them both, feeding them Dimetapp and generic hand-sanitizer* - the only things I had on me."

Both live today.

Fact or fiction?  True or False?  Does an apple a day keep the doctor away?

In times like these, do you really want to keep the doctor away?

I say no more apples.  

Or guns.

Doctor's orders.

- Doc



Definitions:

*Dunzo is a medical term for the state of being done.  
*Stabilized is a medical term for the act of stabilizing someone.
*Generic hand-sanitizer is messy and expensive.  


Now you know.

No comments: