Monday, November 24, 2008

MAYBE NOT YES, NO?

1) Today, I interviewed at a crazy rich woman's UES townhouse for a position as her personal assistant - the pay is unbelievable. A maid holding a platter of pomegranates and cheese let me in, and sent me looking for her, alone. It took me a full ten minutes to find her, and when I did, she screamed. But that's because I had stumbled into her bathroom, where she was tending to what looked like some fresh cosmetic surgery - pouty lips and all. Was that not awkward? Ah!

2) I also interviewed at The New Yorker, where they really seemed to like me, I think. But then to my dismay, one interviewer asked, essentially, if I had a sense of humor. She even asked for proof - she wanted my favorite TV shows. So I said something about Reno 911 and the revival of SNL. But she wanted more! So I listed Arrested Development (which is no longer on), Curb Your Enthusiasm (which I rarely watch), and then, the killer, WEEDS. Weeds? Now, was that not inappropriate?

But in the end, I ask, does any of it even matter? Maybe not, maybe yes, maybe so, I don't know. Fuck it. Who wants to work?

No comments: