Thursday, November 20, 2008

everyone gets sick sometimes

For many months now, I have found daily comfort in the man who stands atop Washington Square Park screaming the time (ok, he's actually on the east side, so it's really not the "top" per se, but whatever)--without fail, he is constantly reminding me of how many minutes I have until the start of class. Some might call him crazy...I call him reliable... 

"Oh jeez, I'm going to be late," I think... "SIX MINUTES, SIIIIIIIIX MINUTES! GET YOUR ID's READY!" he screams. "phew, phew phew, I'm fiiiine," I am comforted. 

today, however: silence. oh, he was there, alright, but he had LOST HIS VOICE. not to worry though-- appropriate hand signals were made, assuring my timely arrival to class. 

the point is, kids, everybody gets sick. even the superheroes of the world.... 
the second point is, don't take things for granted, like the man in the park. 

and with that... I HAVE RETURNED TO THE BLOG.

No comments: